Monday, February 23, 2009

Frustration and Inner Struggle

Have you ever had a day that no matter what you try to accomplish, things go awry? That is what today is like. So, I headed to the Word to settle my spirit and be able to focus on my day. .

Frustration is by definition ~ A feeling of disappiontment or defeat at being unable to accomplish one's purpose

Why does this happen? Looking back on my morning, I know I did not start with the vital tools to make any day a success. The kids missed the bus and I had to run them to school and I never settled back in for time with Jesus before my day got it's start. For me, there is such a difference when I don't start my day with the Lord. What does that mean really? Does that mean 45 minutes of prayer? Does that mean reading 2 Chapters in my Bible? No, not at all.

It is so simple. Waking up and just talking to God and thanking Him for another day, talking to Him about what is happening in your world today. Does He know this stuff already, sure He does. But what matters is that we take the time to include Him.

How much do we want to help someone else when they don't include us? How much time do we have for others when they have time for all their other friends, and shopping and internet but none for us. How is God different from that? Sure He is a God of love and of mercy but the Bible teaches us He is also jealous of our time and our love and our hearts. Some times frustration comes about just so we will stop and realize what our priorities are so we can refocus and go the direction our hearts need to go.

Phillipians 4:6,7 Says : Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ.

So, now, this moment, at noon instead of 8 a.m. I am reminded that these last four hours of frustration could have been avoided by simply relying on the one who wants to "keep my heart and mind"; I am reminded that if i 'bring everything to God in prayer and with Thanksgiving that He will hear me and give me Peace".

So, today, this is my prayer:
Jesus, give me peace for this day and give me direction for my feet and help me to look around and see this sudden growth as a blessing and to implement ways to nurture it and help me to not go crazy in the process because Your word says in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, " plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Allow me to rely on your words and not my own. Thank you so much for your love and patience with a silly girl who puts too much stock in herself sometimes and thank you for my wonderful supportive family you have blessed me with. I know from the scripture in Jeremiah that you see my future so I have no need to worry over, so forgive me when I do, sometimes I am just not quite there yet in my faith, which I have learned, breeds frustration. Talk to you soon!

Shelly

No comments: