Friday, February 27, 2009

Break Through ~ Day 2 & 3

Of course, yesterday was Day 2 but I was really still focusing on day one, which in retrospect is ironic because Day to was so simple and if I had followed it yesterday as was planned, I may not have had so much trouble.

Day 2 focuses on Ephesians 4:25 "Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body."

I will do day 2 and 3 today so if you are following along, sorry for throwing so much at you. Basically, speak the truth be remember we are all one body, so we need to talk to others the way we want them to talk to us, right? Sounds easy huh? It is when we focus on it but not so easy when we are angered by others.

Day 3 is Ephesians 4:28 "He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need."

Remember how we talked about how this is written to people who are already Christians. Surely we don't steal from Wal-mart or Old Navy. If this is a struggle, we need to ask God to put our desire where they need to be. However, I think Paul is talking about something far different than that. Do we rob God of our time, do we take our time and use it to further His kingdom? I know I am guilty of this so many times. I use excuses as to why I don't do more for God. Let's lay aside our excuses and work for God so we can share His love with those in need. How can we do this? All it takes is a smile to a person we are in line with at Wal-mart, a simple nod of the head can start a conversation that may brighten that persons day. Maybe God will open a door at a restaurant to share your faith with a server or you can offer to pray for someone who you know is in need. Let's open ourselves up to the opportunities that lie in front of us today.

I am confident in the Lord that I will have a testimony today of showing God's goodness to someone else.

Blessings,

Shelly


No comments: