Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving!

My Wonderful Family!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday. The kids went with Bill to Central City around 9am and I headed down to Brad's moms to help cook. It was wonderful for me and Leigh and her to just hang out and cook in the kitchen together. The food I snuck while 'cooking' was pretty amazing as well. My favorites at 'Gran Gran's' house are the Pretzel Salad and Deviled Eggs. I had plenty of both.

Here is Brad with his Turkey Portion....Just Kidding, he got more than that


We had eaten and cleaned everything up by 1pm so you know what I did, took a nap. I love me some naps on Thanksgiving Day (well, everyday, but this day its traditional for me)


Me and my buddy Hunter napping after lunch. . .


Several friends and family stopped by throughout the day and we had a great time catching up with everyone. We left there around 4 and we headed home to get ready to go to my cousins for the Dinner meal.

We headed to Cadiz around 6pm and got to visit with all my aunts and cousins I don't see as often as I would like. My mom's famous german chocolate cake and some really awesome ham topped my list of favorites in the eats department. As we always do, Lori and I got to reminicing about how crazy we were as kids and how much our kids are going to be just like us. . . scarey. We got back home around 11pm and I pretty much called it a day! I am so thankful for the blessings we have and am so proud of my husband and kids!

No comments: