Wassail: Makes enough for 20 people - you can also freeze half of it and use later if you have a smaller crowd.
- 1 Gallon Apple Cider
- 24 Whole Cloves
- 4-6 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Quart Orange Juice
- 1 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Large Can Pine-apple Juice
- 1 Cup of Sugar
Mix all ingredients in a large pot and simmer on low-med on the stove until warm. you can also crock pot this to keep it warm and soothing.
Home Made Potato Soup: This makes a good sized pot. Now honestly, I don't do too much measuring so, just use your best judgement. . .
- 10 Lb. Potatoes
- 1/2 Gallon of 1/2 n 1/2
- 2 Lb. Velveeta Cheese
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Stick of butter
- 32 Oz. Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Bacon Bits
- Peel and dice potatoes. Boil potatoes and onions until they are done but still have some firmness. Drain all the water but enough to cover the potatoes and onions. Throw the stick of butter and about 1/2 of the half-n-half in and stir. Put on the stove on low. stir often but don't mash up potatoes, be careful.
- In a medium sized bowl, take the cubed velveeta and 1/2 cup of the half-n-half and put in microwave to melt (over the years, I have discovered this works best and cuts scorching down tremendously) (You can also melt down in a double boiler if you wish.)
- After cheese is melted really well in to a cream state (you may want to add some more half-n-half) add the mixture to the pot of potatoes and other ingredients. Stir well.
- Take the sour cream and mix a bit at a time in a side bowl with the remaining half-n-half until it is creamy and ready to add to the pot. Add the rest of these ingredients to the pot and mix together well.
- Warm on low or put in a crock pot or double boiler to prevent scorching. Dress with shredded cheese, fresh or dried chives and bacon bits....YUMMY!
- Shaved Cajun Roast Beef (found in Deli, you can use regular if you cant find it)
- Swiss Cheese Slices
- Peppers (Green or Red)
- White Onion
- Jalepenos (if desired)
- Hoagie Rolls
- In a skillet take 1/2 stick butter (or Pam if you are healthly minded) and saute the sliced onion, jaelepenos and peppers (red is prettier but green is fine cuz they taste the same and are cheaper..LOL).
- While this is melding together, cut the hoagie rolls in 1/2 and butter. Toast in the oven under the broiler.
- Remove bread from oven and place 2-3 oz. of roast beef on each roll. Top with the sauted mixture. Put a slice of swiss cheese on top and then the top bun. Wrap in aluminum foil and put in oven on warm for about 5 minutes, or just put back on baking sheet and watch closely.
- These do great cut in half with a large bowl of soup. Another option is to do ham or turkey with this cheese or pepperjack.
Sweet Treat brownies:
- make brownies according to package directions
- Take 1 small jar of marshmellow cream and 1 bar of cream cheese and blend together. Spread mixture over brownies.
- Top with fresh cut strawberries.