Friday, April 17, 2009

Rocks ~ Part 2 ~ Upon this Rock

I take my salvation very seriously and one of my favorite scripture readings is as follows:

Matthew 16:18-19
Jesus Speaking "And I say also to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in Heaven."

When we fast forward to after Jesus' ascension we see the believers praying in one mind and one accord in the book of Acts waiting for the comforter that Jesus promised would come.

Acts 2:2-4 says:
"And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them cloven tongues as of fire, and sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance"

As the promised comforter began to dwell in these believers the people around them knew that God was working because there were many travelers in the city that day for the Feast of Pentecost and as the believers spoke in tongues, they understood it in their native languages. They knew that these Jews did not speak their language and that something supernatural was taking place.

Acts 2:37-38
"Now when they had heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Men and brethren, what should we do? Then Peter said unto them "Repent, and let everyone of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and your shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

Now these are the keys that Jesus told Peter about. The keys to salvation: Repentance, Baptism and infilling of the Holy Ghost

Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever so this is not some idea that is come and gone.

Recently someone told me that to believe is enough ~ well the Bible tells me that the demons believe that Jesus is Lord and I am pretty sure that they are not saved.

I want everything that God had for me and I want to continue to read and pray and study His Words so that I can continue to Build my life Upon this Rock

No comments: