Friday, April 17, 2009

Rocks ~ Part 1

Rocks. Deep subject, those rocks. Really, think about it.

Rock of Ages, cleft for me, let me hide myself in thee ~ that stanza is one that almost anyone can quote ~ but do they know what that means?

Jesus is the foundation of what we need in life ~ He is the author and finisher of our faith. Hebrews 12:2 "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." If he has authored our faith then He knew when it was going to begin and as the finisher of our faith, He sees us as we complete our journey in life. It is so reassuring to know that He sees it all, front to back, beginning to end.

  • He was there when as a small child my mother was killed.
  • He was there when I laughed as a child.
  • He was there when my grandfather molested me.
  • He was there when I met my best friend.
  • He was there when I was betrayed by the one I loved the most.
  • He was there when I nursed my babies.
  • He was there when I went through the motions and thought I was really serving Him.
  • He was there when I was on top of the world.
  • He was there when I was lonely.
  • He was there when I met my true love.
  • He was there when I fought from Hell and Back for my kids.
  • He was there when I went back to school.
  • He was there when I cried myself to sleep.
  • He was there when I let someone else cry on my shoulder.
  • He was there when my car was repossessed.
  • He was there when I got engaged.
  • He was there when I got fired for the first time.
  • He was there at the wedding of TeamDeason.
  • He was there when I really fell in love with Him for the first time.
  • He was there when I found my life's calling
  • He was there when I started to seek his face for my life.
  • He was there when I needed encouragement.
  • He was there when I wanted to give up.
  • He was there when I fell down and laid there for a while.
  • He was there when I dusted off my knees.
  • He was there when I started to lean on Him, really lean on Him.
  • He is here with me now.
  • He will be with me tomorrow.

See, a rock can do a lot of things for us ~ the bible says in Psalm 61:2 "From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I."
That is the person I want to be, the person who leans on the Rock. . . I have more to come about rocks ~ but I can't post it all at one time, now can I?

Blessings,

Shelly

1 comment:

Nichole's Journey said...

I meant to tell you this on the phone yesterday, but I forgot :( Thank you for writing this. Thank you for exposing the ugly truth (our truth) to light. The statment about our grandfather makes my stomach churn, but God was with us! We are living proof! Keep tapping deeper into yourself. I need it and so do other hurting people!!