Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ouiser Boudreaux

This is proof that God has a sense of humor. . . I don't take a lot of facebook surveys and I can see why! I took the "which steel magnolia actress are you?" quiz and you guessed it, I am Ouiser. Here is what the survey said:

You are Ouiser. You are confident, self-reliant, and comfortable speaking your mind. You may have cared what other people thought of you in the past, but you're over that now. As you say, you're "not as sweet" as you used to be. (Perhaps you've been hurt in the past, so you have told yourself it's better to protect yourself than be hurt again?) You're comfortable in your own skin, and often say what everyone else is thinking, although they'd never dream of saying it aloud! You're witty and can be brash and sarcastic, but deep down you're a real softy! You are used to showing a hard outer shell, but sometimes you don't know what to do when life crumbles around you. It's during these times, you need to lean on those girlfriends to get you through. And once you're feeling better...you can bounce back to your rare form we all know and love! (P.S., we all secretly admire your confidence!).

This is, me in a nutshell ~ scary huh? I guess my friends know what I will be like when I am 60 ~ poor them. What is the spiritual application of this ~ what kind of growth can be gleaned from knowing you can identify easily with someone that people 'love to hate' but those who love you 'love you for who you are'?

Much like Ouiser, I will be tough and when my close friends and family call me to vent or to just need a friend, I will be bound and determined to find something funny about their situation. Laughter is medicine and last night I had such an incident. A friend called about how an old 'friend' was dating again and she was sure the girl was nice. I convinced her this girl had black roots and platinum blonde highlights, buck teeth with one missing right in the middle (which of course she never brushes), this girl never shaves her legs or has matching shoes let alone socks. My friend laughed and laughed at me but now when she thinks on this girl, I know she is not envisioning Jessica Simpson on the arm of her man.. More like Amy Winehouse~ That my friend, is what friends are for~

I think this ~ The bible says we are fitfully and wonderfully made so the Lord knew there would be these aspects of my personality and that he would find a way to work through them despite my humanity. I am slowly coming to the realization that if God loves me then I should love and embrace me too. Maybe I should learn to talk softer and carry a much smaller stick but still be who God made me. I am thankful everyday that God is putting more and more people in my life who are striving to be who HE wants them to be so we can glean from each other.

Let's glean all we can from each other ~ blessings!

Shelly

No comments: