Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Day 8 ~ Keeping it Clean

Day 8 ~ Keep it Clean

Our scripture today is pretty straightforward: "But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people." Ephesians 5:3

Isn't it funny how Sexual Immorality is lumped into the same category as impurity and greed? It shows us that God sees sin as sin. Whether we be liars or promiscuous or greedy, all these things are "improper" for God's holy people.

God please cleanse our minds today of every evil that sets forth to make us stumble or that makes us a stumbling block to others. I have a friend that once clearly separated herself from wearing a particular item of clothing. I thought it was very odd but when she explained, when I wear that it takes me back to my partying days, it makes me want to be that again.

This is a clear example of someone putting impurity away from themselves. Let's look at what we do or see or say that may drive itself between us and God. Maybe its a book we read or an outfit we wear or words we let escape our lips. My prayer is that I am 'proper' in the eyes of the Lord, even in my shortcomings, I know He is helping me to grow daily in Him.

Blessings,

Shelly

No comments: