Sunday, March 1, 2009

Breaking Through ~ Day 5 ~ Grieve not the Spirit



Today's scripture for Day 5 is as follows:
"And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption." Ephesians 4:30

Today we must maintain focus on cleaning out from ourselves anything that would grieve the spirit of God. Think about that, what do we do that makes God sad? I can think of so many things I should do differently that would make God happy and proud to have me as his child. Pastor Shane spoke this morning and one of the thing he equated to the natural man and God is the way we love our children. Like God, our children can't do things for us to love them more or less but they can do things that either make us proud of them or embarraseed that they didn't make better choices. Let's make the choices today that will make God proud and not grieve His spirit.

Church was awesome today, God really gave me a revelation in an old hymn I had not heard in quite some time. The lyrics are:

Through it all, through it all
I’ve learned to trust in Jesus,
I’ve learned to trust in God.
Through it all, through it all
I’ve learned to depend upon His word.

The words of this song hit my heart this morning. No matter what we go through, no matter the challenges we face, the hurt we have endured in life, through it all, we need to learn to trust and depend on God. I cried out to God this morning and said "God, I have walked through some dry places and I have had hurt but if the reason for it all was to learn to trust in you, then it was worth it. Put me through what you need to for me to trust you, for me to depend on Your Word. I surrender to Your will"

We got home about 10 minutes ago and I sat right down to look up this song.. The verses were amazing to me (the chorus was played at church) and so I wanted to share the verses as well:

Verse 1
I’ve had many tears and sorrows,
I’ve had questions for tomorrow,
There’ve been times
I didn’t know right from wrong;
Oh, but in ev’ry situation
God gave me blessed consolation
That my trials come
To only make me strong.
Verse 2
I’ve been to lots of places,
And I’ve seen a lot of faces,
There’ve been times I felt so all alone,
O but in my lonely hours,
Yes, those precious lonely hours,
Jesus let me know
That I was His own.
Chorus
Through it all, through it all
I’ve learned to trust in Jesus,
I’ve learned to trust in God.
Through it all, through it all
I’ve learned to depend upon His word.
Verse 3
I thank God for the mountains,
And I thank Him for the valleys,
I thank Him for the storms He’s brought me through.
For if I’d never had a problem,
I wouldn’t know that He could solve them,
I’d never know what faith in God could do.
Today, let's thank Him that He has been here, Through it all!

Blessings,

Shelly

No comments: